- Posted on: Mar 13 2020
For everyone’s safety, when you or your child has a fever or cough, please schedule a “virtual” visit with one of our providers instead of coming into the office. At the time of your child’s virtual appointment we will send you a text link to pamc.doxy.me. Please click on this link or enter the link address into your web browser. You will need a computer with Chrome of Firefox web browser and camera/microphone/audio OR a smart phone. We will need the patient and parent available (if patient is under 18 years old) for this visit. If we determine that your child needs to be seen in person, we will schedule an office visit later in the day, or the next day. Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation during the pandemic!
Other temporary office policies created to reduce unnecessary viral exposures of our patients, their families, and our staff:
- All walk-ins are now cancelled. We will only be taking appointments by phone and we will ask you questions about COVID-19 exposure prior to your appointment.
- If your child has mild cough, congestion, or fever symptoms that are manageable at home, please do not schedule an in-office appointment for your child. We will be happy to discuss your child’s care via video visit.
- When arriving for your appointment, we request only 1 person accompany the patient to the office to limit exposures within the office.
- We ask that everyone coming into our office wears either a mask or cloth face-cover brought from home, to cover the nose and mouth.
- Once you arrive at our building, we request that you wait in your car, dial the office number and press option 3 to speak to the front desk. The receptionist will “check you in” and take your cell phone number. We will phone you when your room is ready and you will skip the waiting room.
- We will be scheduling well child checkups in the mornings only, in order to reduce mingling of infectious and non-infectious patients. We will schedule sick visits in the afternoon, primarily via video visit.
- We have been and will continue to thoroughly clean our exam rooms and common areas. Books and toys have been removed to reduce viral transmission.
- We are not currently equipped to test for COVID-19 in our office. If you believe your child needs to be tested, please set up a virtual visit with one of our providers.
Thank you to all our families for your ongoing patience as we all work together to “flatten the curve”.
During these unprecedented times many of our patients may be losing benefits including health insurance. If your child is without health insurance, you can click here and look into Maryland Medicaid: http://www.marylandhealthconnection.gov/
Our practice accepts the following medicaid insurances: Amerigroup, Priority Partners, United Community Plan, and Maryland Physician’s Care.
Posted in: Latest News