Our office hours are 8:00 -5:00 at all locations Monday through Friday (closed from 12-1 for lunch). To start off the day, we have walk-in hours for acutely sick patients from 8 am – 8:45 am. After 8:45 am, office visits are by appointment only. The Rockville Office is open Tuesday until 7pm by appointment only. The Silver Spring office is open until 7pm by appointment only.
On Saturday, our Wheaton office is open from 8:45 am-11:30 am by appointment. Please call starting at 8:30 am on Saturday to make an appointment if your child is sick. We also have limited check-up spaces available in the Wheaton office on Saturday that can be pre-booked.
Regular phone hours are 8:30 am-12:00 pm and 1:00 pm-5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Families are able to make an appointment in any of our 4 offices.
We do ask that families give us 24 hours notice for appointment cancellation. Missed appointments may be charged a $35 fee. Families who repeatedly miss appointments may be discharged from the practice.
We accept all major insurance plans and more:
- Anthem BC/BS
- Assurant Health
- BCBS NCA
- Champ VA
- Employers Health Plan (Hopkins)
- First Health
- Golden Rule
- Great West
- Group Health
- Health Partners
- Health Smart
- Kaiser (only with the out of facility option)
- Maryland Physicians Care
- Medstar (Not the State one)
- Priority Partners
- UHC Student Resources
- United Community Plan
We accept Cash, Check and Charge and will collect your co-payment at the time of your office visit. Payment for deductibles, which are determined after the claim is processed through insurance, are required within 30 days of billing.
There is a $5 - $10 charge for school forms depending on length. Of note, school forms can only be completed if we have seen your child for a physical exam within the year. The normal processing time for form completion is usually 1 week.
Doctors return all phone calls personally during office hours as well as in the evening, free of charge, up until 10pm on weekdays and 6pm on Saturday and Sunday. Patients are welcome to call after these hours and talk to our nurse triage service. You may receive an $18 fee for phone calls between the hours of 10 pm – 7 am Monday through Friday and 6 pm – 7 am Saturday and Sunday.
Pay Your Bill Online
Please print each of the three documents, complete and bring with you to your first appointment.
Below are lists of specialists to which patients will often be referred.
New to the Practice: What You Need to Know
On behalf of the physicians and staff of Pediatric Associates, we would like to welcome you to our practice. During your child's first office visit we will ask you to complete or sign the following forms:
1. A Registration form which provides contact information and demographic data.
2. A Medical History form for each of your children.
3. A Health Information Privacy form which stipulates how medical or personal information is shared.
4. For patients other than newborns, we ask that you complete a Transfer of Medical Records form for each child.
5. We will make copies of insurance cards for each of your children.
6. A Billing Policy form requiring payment for any balance not covered by insurance. Our billing department will assist you with any insurance problems that arise.
During regular hours, physicians personally return calls requiring medical advice. When the office is closed on evenings and on weekends, physicians may be contacted through our answering service up until 10pm on weekdays and 6pm on Saturday and Sunday. Please limit after-hours phone calls to urgent problems. If you feel that you have an emergency, call 911 first and then contact us.
For urgent problems after 10pm on weekdays and after 6pm on Saturday and Sunday, our nurse triage service is available to discuss your concerns. You may receive an $18 fee for phone calls to our nurse triage service.
- Healthy Children (AAP)
- Health & Safety Information on Household Products
- Maryland Dept of the Environment-Lead Poisoning Prevention
- The Pocket Guide to Good Health for Children
- The American Academy of Pediatrics - Safety Tips and Information on Common Health Topics
- La Leche League - Resource for Breast Feeding
- Healthy Teens
- Young Men's Health
- CDC and STDs
- Guttmacher Institute
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Families battling eating disorder
- Children & Adults wtih ADD - National Organization with many resources
- ADDitudemage.com - Online Magazine About Attention Deficit Disorder
Asthma and Allergy
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- Asthma Management Plan
- Allergy & Asthma Network Mothers of Asthmatics
- The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network
- American Lung Association