For everyone’s safety, if you have a fever or cough we will ask you to schedule a virtual visit with one of our providers instead of coming into the office. If we determine that your child needs to be seen in person, we will schedule an office visit for later in the day or the next day. At the time of your child’s virtual appointment we will send you a text link to pamc.doxy.me. Please click on this link or put the link address into your web browser. We will need the patient and the parent available (if under 18 years old) for this visit. You will also need a computer with chrome of firefox web browser and camera/microphone/audio OR a cell phone. Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation during the pandemic.
Dear Pediatric Associates Families:
We are paying close attention to the CDC and Maryland Board of Health regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. To reduce unnecessary viral exposures of our patients, their families, and our staff, we will be implementing the following temporary policies:
- All walk-ins are now cancelled. We will only be taking appointments by phone and we will ask you questions about COVID-19 exposure prior to your appointment.
- If your child has mild cough or congestion or fever symptoms that are manageable at home, please do not schedule an appointment for your child. We will be happy to discuss your child’s care via phone.
- When arriving for your appointment, we request only 1 person accompany the patient to the office to limit exposures within the office.
- If your child is coughing, we ask that you bring your own mask or scarf for them to wear. If you do not have one, we will request that you use a tissue to cover their mouths. We do not have enough supplies to mask all coughing patients.
- Once you arrive at our building, we request that you wait in your car, dial the office number**and press option 3 to speak to the front desk. The receptionist will “check” you in and take your cell phone number. We will phone you when your room is ready to reduce crowding in our waiting room.
- We will be scheduling non-ill patients (physicals, medication checks) in the mornings only in order to reduce mingling of infectious and non-infectious patients. We will schedule sick visits in the afternoon
- We have been and will continue to thoroughly clean our patient and waiting rooms. Books and toys have been removed to reduce viral transmission.
- We are not currently equipped to test for COVID-19. If you believe your child needs to be tested, please phone us for guidance.
Thank you to all our families for your ongoing patience as we all work together to “flatten the curve”.
Take Care, Pediatric Associates